My kids and I love magic slider cards but the YouTube tutorials I found looked pretty labor intensive. Allie wanted me to make her one but I knew I did not have the patience for a complicated craft. So for her first day of first grade I decided to surprise her with an easy-to-make magic slider note in her lunchbox. She was so excited and your kids will love them too!
Here’s what you need:
- free lunchbox note printable here
- sandwich size Ziploc bag
- black permanent marker
- clear tape
- Post it pulls
- Cut out printables along with a blank piece of cardstock (to place on top)
- Tape the printed note on the back and place in Ziploc bag
- Place blank card on top of printed note
- Cut Ziploc bag around note and tape one side to make a pocket
- Place Post-It Pull on back side of blank note
- Trace outline of image with permanent marker on plastic
- Voila! EASY magic slider card for a surprise lunch note!
How to video:
What’s the science? Magic slider is a type of optical illusion. Put these together with your child and see if they can figure out how to do it without the instructions. It will inspire their curiosity which of course is what science is all about!
I hope you love these cards and they put a little magic into their school year!